This award recognizes an individual in the field of Respiratory Care who has performed major contributions towards moving the Respiratory Care profession forward. This is a person who has dedicated a major portion of his or her life demonstrating considerable involvement, motivation and value to the profession and has exhibited qualities of professionalism, leadership, and care for humanity and upholds the goals of the Louisiana Society for Respiratory Care (LSRC).
- Must have been an AARC member for at least for 20 years during their career.
- Demonstrated and documented significant contributions toward the development and
Advancement of Respiratory Care.
- Must have begun practicing in the field of Respiratory Care prior to the year 1985.
- Must have practiced in the field of Respiratory Care for at least 25 years.
- Nominations must be submitted from a past LSRC Pioneer Award recipient or a present voting member of the LSRC Board of Directors.
- Nominations should be submitted to the chairperson of the Pioneer Award Committee no later than December 15th.
- The nominations must be accompanied by a cover letter explaining why you feel this person qualifies for the award.
- The nomination must include a current CV (curriculum vitae including academic, personal, civic, and significant professional contributions to the profession and society).
- All nominations letters and CV’s should be submitted in the form of a word document attachment via email.
- Nominations shall be reviewed and voted upon by the Pioneer Award Committee, consisting of all past recipients of the award using established criteria as stated in this document.
- The chosen candidate’s name shall be announced at the annual business meeting of the LSRC Board of Directors.
- The committee will have the authority to consider other nominations.
- One (1) Pioneer Award shall be presented each year at the LSRC Annual Educational Meeting. If a strong candidate who meets all criteria cannot be chosen, no award will be presented for that year.
Additionally, this award will include:
- Free admission to the LSRC Annual Educational Meeting for life to award recipients 60 years of age and older.
- Name of all past award recipients will be honored on the LSRC website and in the LSRC Annual
- Educational Meeting Program each year.
Pioneer Award Committee Chair