Hospital of the Year for Respiratory Care
Louisiana Society for Respiratory Care
• Respiratory Care Services must be provided by personnel who obtain the CRT or RRT credentials.
• Facility must be able to provide some type of proof/confirmation of claims if requested by judging panel.
• The application must be signed by the Respiratory Therapy Department Manager, and the Hospital/Facility CEO.
Two awards will be given:
• < 200 bed facility
• > 200 bed facility
The following categories will be judged
• % of staff with RRT credential
• % of staff that are AARC members( Please provide AARC numbers and Renewal dates)
• % of staff with specialized credentials/certificates (ACLS, PALS, NRP, NPS, CPFT, RPFT, etc)
• Presence & use of Therapists Driven Protocols
• Blood Gas Lab Efficiency and Safety (Turn around times, Latest CAP/JC inspection, # of analytes accredited for) a
• Services offered at facility under the Respiratory Therapy Department
• % of staff maintaining advanced competency procedures/equipment and therapy
• Retention rate of respiratory therapy department
• Professional relationships and effective communication amongst all team members caring for pulmonary patients
• Community Outreach opportunities, health fairs etc.
• Smoking Cessation Clinics offered
• Clinical site for Respiratory Therapy Students
• If you are a past HOTY recipient the judging will include proof of improvement
Judging will be done in a manner which is non-biased. The judging committee will not be aware of any identification of the facility at the time of judging. You may send your entry electronically to the Award Collections Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org then mail your signed entries to Melissa Smith at 261 Empress Court Madisonville, LA 70447.
All therapist driven protocols must accompany the application (preferably electronic). A list of respiratory therapists in your department with credentials and AARC member numbers must accompany your application for the validation committee’s use. This information will ONLY be used for validation purposes.
The award recipients will be honored and recognized at the LSRC annual conference, and will be given free admission for two to the conference.
For questions please contact your Chapter President or Melissa Smith @ 225.610.4540 or by the above email address.
Deadline for applications is December 15 Annually