LSRC TERRY BOURGEIOS AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE GUIDELINES
This award honors individuals in the field of Respiratory Care who goes above and beyond for the profession and exhibits qualities of compassion, professionalism, leadership, and care for humanity.
- Must be an AARC member for at least three (3) years preceding nomination.
- Must have practiced in the field of Respiratory Care for at least five (5) years.
- The nominee must be a Respiratory Therapist holding a Louisiana License in good standing or a Louisiana Licensed Physician with a Respiratory Care-related specialty.
- The nominee should be an individual who is dedicated to and upholds the goals of the Louisiana Society for Respiratory Care (LSRC).
- Any AARC member can nominate an individual for consideration.
- Nominations should be submitted in the form of a word document attachment via email.
- Nominations must be accompanied by a cover letter explaining why you feel this person qualifies for the award.
- Nominations must include a current CV (curriculum vitae including academic, personal, civic, and professional contributions to the profession and society).
- All nominations, letters, and CV’s should be received no later than December 15th.
- One (1) award shall be presented each year at the LSRC Annual Educational Meeting. If a strong candidate who meets all criteria cannot be chosen, no award will be presented for that year.
- Nominations shall be reviewed and voted upon by a committee consisting of the 5 present members of the LSRC executive committee or a voting member of the LSRC Board of Directors if necessary using established guidelines as stated in this document.
- The chosen candidate’s name shall be announced at the annual business meeting of the LSRC Board of Directors.
Additionally, this award will include:
- A free one year renewal of their AARC membership